Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Elder Jensen is Super Good...

I am super good!! It is hot and humid here but I have adjusted so it's alright :) We're almost through the worst, less than a month and it should finally start to cool down, I've almost made it through my first summer! This week was good! We received a text from a member and when we went to go see this referral we found this AWESOME Cuban guy named Adrian. He came to church and has a baptismal date for a few weeks out! We also found this cool Honduran guy sitting outside the church, Levy came to church for the first time in a few weeks, and a recent convert from Houston 2 came to church with her non-member daughters!! So those are pretty much the people we're working with right now :) Aw I'm glad Carlos got me a sweet birthday present, did you see it?! Anyways to answer your other questions, not much is different!! A majority of our morning are taken up with District Councils, meetings with other missionaries, etc. Also we do an exchange or two every week so we split up a lot but overall it's the same old same old on Sunday nights we just get numbers from all the District Leaders and send those numbers into President to report on how the week went. Last of all, scripture study!! I read sequentially for like 15 verses study them really well, then study out of PMG for like 20 minutes-ish, then either study by topic, or more often or not for our investigators (maybe could be your kids for this section) from the scriptures, ensign articles, etc. That to me is the most effective because I study what we are going to be doing that day so that I can be prepared to apply it! (Same way I try and do Spanish study as well, day by day 1% improvements). That's how we do it!!

Anyway I'm super glad that you are all doing well, love to hear stories of the family and love to hear that the summer Olympics are still in full-swing in the Jensen house. Super bummed that I can' t watch them but the 2020 Olympics I will watch for sure :) Love to hear you guys are all doing well, I love you all so much!!! Thanks for everything! Love you mommy :)

 A friend on a mini-mission with Elder Jensen's trio
He finally got eggs and oil to make the cake mix Kate insisted we send him for his birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment