Wednesday, September 14, 2016

One Year!

No worries, I figured so I went to the office on Saturday and picked it up, the blondies are super yummy so thank you for that :) Also thank you for the paper, envelopes, contacts, and ties!! You might say those are ugly but I've already worn one for church yesterday :))

Anyway it was a good week! We had a mission conference on Wednesday which was super good and spent the rest of the week trying to find new people to teach, we are teaching the mom and dad of a recent convert (the son was baptized a month before I arrived he is dating a girl in the ward) and they are set to get baptized this week, the ward LOVES them...so we're super DUPER stoked for that. The sisters and other Elders in the ward both baptized someone on Saturday so this ward will be baptizing 4 people in 2 week, which is more than they have had in a while! Rather than that just same old same old...contacting a lot of people and trying to sort out who has interest and who doesn't. Missionary work here is way different than in the city but hey there's no growth in comfort and no comfort in growth right?! :) Anyway that's a summary of our week! I'm glad you all had a great week! That sounds like a relaxing vacation!

As far as 9/11 goes, I remember bits and pieces. I remember watching the news and seeing the towers go down but I didn't understand what it meant or what really happened. It was sad but I really am glad I grew up with that experience because I always felt a close connection to the country...not that it wasn't close before but I feel like after that happened the country came together a lot, because we were all sad.

Rather than that I am really good mommy. I cannot believe how fast time has flown, it seems like just yesterday I hugged you all to get on the plane! It's been a while, but it is so so very worth it. I look back and see how much I have changed and it makes me feel good, because not only do I get the opportunity to help so many others, I change as it happens. I can't wait to see what the next year has in store. Thank you so much for everything you do for me mommy, I love you lots!! One year down one to go!!! Love you lots :)

Elder Jensen


Service with the zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment